Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Talking to the Moon.



On June 16, 2011, for the first time in my life, i was lucky enough to witness a lunar eclipse, a blood moon none the less. Ever since i was a kid, i've always wanted to see an eclipse, and it's finally i can cross that off my bucket list . Funny thing is, i didn't really know then that there was an up coming eclipse, and i wouldn't have found out if not for twitter two hours before the eclipse.
On that night, I stayed up with my brother until 4am just to watch the eclipse. I never really intended to stay up that late, after all, i had a really long day ahead of me. I kept convincing myself that night to only check it out for awhile at 1.30am when the eclipse would begin, but stubborn me gave in, partly because the moon seemed to normal then it call it a night, and partly because the moon with the starry night just hooked me in. 


It was beautiful, really. It wasn't that epic moment i imagined back when i was a kid. It was far different from that, maybe better. It's one of those look up sometime moment. I had always loved the night, the moon, the starts and all that, but it's been such a long time since i've soaked all that in and just, well...looked up. It felt liberating to get lost in the moon and the night sky.
It grounds you really, how you're so small in the universe, a tiny spec on a floating rock in space. It reminds you how beautiful the world is, how the the little things are the real phenomena of life. It reminds you that there are just more important things in life. In that moment, problems seemed petty and little mattered. 


I slept that night with heavy eyes, hearing the roosters crowing, but fulfilled. Pause sometime and  look up.


I just wish i could have taken better photos, but then again not bad for a digital camera. Just click here for a great GIF of the eclipse i found on tumblr, and here for my brother's photos.





No comments:

Post a Comment