Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The New Grind.

I should be writing my essays and papers or better yet, reading those long readings, but instead i'll think i'll just got ahead with my over due blogs about college. I guess somethings never change, much like procrastination. 

It's been some time since i've started my new college life. The 25th will actually be marking my first month in college. While DLSU may not have been my first university of choice, it's admittedly been fun. College is college, i guess.

The first time i've actually gotten excited about college was back when i first saw my new schedule. My classes seemed interesting, making me feel good about taking up a Liberal Arts course, rather than give in to something more "practical". Plus, who wouldn't love all that free time.
To clear up the confusion, here's what those classes mean: 
MATAPRE – Math Appreciation
INTROP – Introduction to Anthropology
FWDANCE – Physical Fitness and Wellness in Dance
NTROPSY – Introduction to Psychology
SCIENVB – G.E. Natural Science Environmental Track (Bio)
CITIGOV – Citizenship and Governance
INTGLOS – Introduction to Global Society 
So far, my classes and professors have been okay, if not great. Boring is probably the worst as it goes, aside, of course, from the expected heavy readings and tons papers we must all bear. So far, i'm relishing in my decision in choosing AB Psychology as my course. I'm loving it so far. Sure, i'm unsure of what the hell i'll be doing in the future, but for now i'm just enjoying it. 


But what's really made college so great so far is the people. The people i've met so far have been amazing. From my fun blockmates to my helpful upperclassmen friends to people you encounter around, and yes, even those random people who introduce themselves to you on Facebook, they've all been so great. I think i would have died in college if it weren't for these people. They've introduced me to so many new things. They've made afternoon hangouts the best. They've made the daily rat race fun again. It's only been less than a month, but i'm pretty much sure i'm going to have one hell of a ride with these people. In fact, they deserve a future blogpost of their own. 


I'm honestly still not sure if i love my university, but one thing's for sure, i love the people in it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment