Wednesday, June 8, 2011

College.

Time moves fast. It was around this time last year that i was worrying and panicking over college applications, and now suddenly, I'm now on my third week in college.

When you're a high school kid, you can't wait to get out of there and experience college. You start to have those dreams, goals, plans about the future, and that all starts with college.College is your first real life changing decision you'll have to make in your life, after all. 
 
 
None of my dreams and plans about college came true. I didn't get in the University of the Philippines (UP) or the Ateneo de Manila University (ADMU), my two dream schools. There was always something about UP that drew me to it, maybe it was the liberal feel to it As for ADMU, let's just say I grew up in a very blue family. Maybe it was because I felt that these two universities really excelled in the arts and the humanities that made sold them to me.
 
I ended up in De La Salle University (DLSU), and while I'm sure DLSU is a good university, I felt it wasn't for me. But what can you do when you don't really have a choice? I beat myself hard over not being able to get in my dream universities. I took it pretty hard. I needed something to really look forward to in the future, I thought college would be the answer to that. It felt different after all that happening. It was bluntly a horrible experience from my schoolmates, classmates, family and worse, myself. 
  
But you know, I'm on my third week of school, and it isn't as bad as I'd imagined. Sure, part of me still dies at the thought of not being where I dreamed to be. It's awkward when there's an ADMU-DLSU game, and you're the only one from DLSU. I still yearn for the (literally) green pastures on the other side. But, hey. The people have been amazing and the experiences are great so far. College is college. 
 
I'm still planning to apply for a transfer to UP and ADMU, just to keep the doors open, but who knows, I might end up staying. (just think about the emotional attachment) 
After all, a lot can change in a year and I do plan to make the most of my first year in college, moving or not. 

Okay, I just needed to get that off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment